Families have an increasing number of schooling options in Hangzhou. Why should you choose Wahaha International School for your child?
* WIS is fully committed to preparing students for educational success overseas - at either the high school or university level. If you have chosen this path for your child, we are the school for you.
* WIS provides a unique learning opportunity in Hangzhou: a rich, fully international curriculum delivered in English, complemented by a strong Chinese language and culture program, and implemented in state of the art facilities.
* WIS implements with fidelity and rigor a full English language immersion program that develops strong speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in our students. Our students express their own thoughts and ideas clearly and articulately in English, and communicate in English authentically.
* WIS honors the tradition of math teaching in China and we use Chinese math teaching standards and practices as the basis of our program. In other words, we teach "Chinese Math" in English. We enhance this with international math reasoning and application skills that prepare students for onward math learning in an international environment.
* WIS has developed a unique and rich Chinese language and culture program to develop our students' strong cultural connection to China as well as the skills to communicate both verbally and in writing clearly and effectively in Mandarin. The culture curriculum includes the study of Chinese literature with an emphasis on the classics, Chinese art and brush painting, wushu, and festivals, as well as unique aspects of Chinese traditions and traditional thought. For our students of Chinese heritage, our program additionally establishes the strong cultural identity and self-confidence that is essential for their success and happiness when they begin their studies overseas in an unfamiliar environment.
* WIS language instruction is supported by a rigorous EAL (English as an Additional Language) and CAL (Chinese as an Additional Language) program to ensure that both emerging English speakers and emerging Chinese speakers are assisted in unlocking all aspects of the curriculum.
* WIS establishes 21st century technology and sciences skills in our students beginning at the Grade One level. Our science and technology program is fully integrated into the classroom with coding and mechanics beginning at Grade 1 leading to a well-articulated robotics program in Middle School.
* WIS prepares students for the challenges of studying high school or university English and history, difficult subjects for most Chinese students studying overseas, through our strong emphasis on literacy and social studies. Meanwhile, our math, science, and technology programs ensure that they enter these programs overseas with outstanding skills.
* WIS bases its curriculum on US Common Core standards and our students develop the learning skills that allow them to adapt quickly and easily to other curricula, such as IB or A Level, in their high school education. WIS develops the creativity, critical thinking, and reasoning skills that are essential for success in today's rapidly developing marketplace of ideas.
* WIS recognizes the importance of the arts and physical education in elementary and middle school education, and visual arts, music and PE are fully integrated into our curriculum.
* WIS complements our arts and physical education program with over 80 after school activities in the arts, technology, sports, culture, and English language learning.
* WIS has a student-centered approach to education that ensures that each child's specific learning needs are met. Classes are differentiated according to skill level to accommodate all students in the classroom. Class sizes are small to provide individual attention and a warm and friendly learning environment.
* WIS only recruits fully certified classroom teachers with teaching licenses from their home countries. Many of our teachers hold advanced degrees.
* WIS assists parents in their overseas education planning through our active and experienced high school placement team. We offer parent seminars, arrange visits from overseas high schools to our campus, and lead boarding school investigation trips overseas to support parents and students in the overseas high school selection and application process. We offer similar conveniences for students choosing international boarding schools in China.
* WIS is managed by a highly experienced and dedicated leadership team which brings to the school more than 125 years of educational experience both in China and internationally.