Many Parents ask what they can do to improve their child’s English competency level .
Here are some ideas that have been proven most effective.
- Immerse your child in as much English as possible.The more they are exposed in the language , the more fluent they will become.
- Have them read and listen to audio books.
- When listening to audio books, children should also read what they are hearing. Audio books help their pronunciation and listening skills.
- Parents can have a look at: www.storynory.com for some audio books for young learners.
- Make English fun. A fun website is : Games for English: www.eslgamesplus.com
- Visit your school library: Our School Librarian can recommend age and level appropriate books for your child.
- IPAD apps: Here are some apps where children can complete grammar and vocabulary exercises on the go: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/apps Learn English Kids Playtime has interactive apps for small kids.
Enjoy surfing through these websites and learn English like a pro!
WIS EAL Teacher Support.