Students have been learning the IB Student learner profile and working on applying these traits in the classroom. Once they have demonstrated a characteristic they then earn a sticker towards a class fun activity. The first of these activities will be making slime. Slime has both educational and fun experiences for students. We will be discussing what a Polymer is and how chemical reactions can change the state of certain ingredients. We will also be discussing thermochromatic pigment and exploring the visual changes in temperature when playing with slime that has this pigment in it.
They will then explore the following:
- What happened to the slime when you added the borax powder?
- How could we make the slime better, what variations could be offer?
- Who can stretch their slime the longest contest?
- Who find and display a practical use for it.
- How do temperature changes visually show on the slime.